[Dailydrool] Filbert Update

Lynne Cheney LynneCheney at msn.com
Fri Jan 13 21:42:36 PST 2012

Thanks to everyone who sent encouragement and best wishes for Filbert and the pack. Its been just a bit overwhelming. Not having had this happen before, I had no idea how hard it would hit me. Watching a pet you love with all your heart suffer, hurts.

I am thankful for each day with each one of my dogs, Basset and non Basset. They are such precious jewels in life, loving unconditionally, spiritedly, quirkily. With all of their nonsense and silliness I don't think any of us would have it any other way.

Filbert is on about 6 medications including a chemo in pill form, two antibiotics, an anti-inflammatory, anti nausea, pepcid, another pain med and a partridge in a pear tree.

We go back to the Cancer vet Monday for blood work and test results. We are praying he has the slow growing kind of cancer.

Buddha and Hazel are keeping Filbert's spirits up.

No matter how many times you have left me a gift on the floor, or taken one of my shoes, or sat down when I wanted you to go outside (what do I know) I will miss you terribly when you can no longer do these things.

I love you.