[Dailydrool] feeling lost

Tonya 1sarrraj1 sarrraj at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:28:52 PST 2012

Our sweet, hound Beasley has hemangiosarcoma.  His spleen was removed 12 days ago, and we received the diagnosis on Friday.  I know the prognosis is poor with this type of cancer, but I'm hoping there are some (at least somewhat) happy endings out there. I've had 2 previous dogs (Shar-Peis)  both diagnosed with cancers, and both were gone within days.  I was hoping things would be different this time around.  This hurts so bad.  Beasley was adopted from the pound as a puppy, and has always been in such good health.  I feel blindsided by yet another cancer diagnosis.  Beasley is 11.  Not a puppy, but much too young to leave.
Is there any good news out there?  Any success dealing with hemangiosarcoma or other cancer?  Did something work for you and the hound you love? No matter how unorthodox the treatment, I love to hear.  Can anyone speak to chemo, and it's affect on quality of life?  My inclination is to not put him through that.  I want the days he has to be wonderful.
I guess I'm looking for hope.  Something to help me pull myself together, so I can be there for our boy, and deal with this.  I'm just having a really hard time rallying.  Drool and prayers would be very, very appreciated.
Thanks for reading,Beasley's mom, Tonya