[Dailydrool] Food question

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Thu Jan 19 13:36:02 PST 2012

Hello Drool Family! I need some advice: I feed the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers Taste of the Wild and their breath smells like a freshly opened bag of the food. I fed the Pacific Stream Salmon during the summer and they had salmon breath, I am now feeding the Buffalo and Venison flavor and their breath smells like dead buffalo butt. And not just after they eat...but all of the time! My parents are feeding their basset "Morgan" taste of the wild and my dad told me that Morgan's breath smells like the food also.  I do brush their teeth 3-4 times a week and it seems to help a little but they still have stinky breath...Its not over powering but enough to make you say wooo-we your breath stinky.  So my question is does anyone else's hounds breath smell like their food? Is this something I need to be concerned with?  Does anyone have a good recipe for a breath mint/biscuit?

Thanks in advance to any and all help.

Just a thought...there is an old saying in the special forces communittee...you can trust a SOF guy with your life, just not your liquer or your wife. With Basset you can trust them to love you unconditionally but not with anything else...especially with your food.

Michele Momma to the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers
Colt "Yes more biscuits please!"
Ruger "at least my breath doesn't smell like Bourbon street the morning after Mardi Gras!"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...