[Dailydrool] Dadslave update

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Fri Jan 20 14:41:12 PST 2012

Dis be Tuckerman repawtin in bout r Dadslave. Hims still at the peeplespital dews to wots ob pain and compwicashuns. I gonna gib dis pawboard ober to da Momma so she's can gib yous da update.

Hi all, Momma here. It's been a long 8 days since Charlie's surgery. He had to stay in SICU for four days instead of the usual two because of so much unbearable pain. He was on morphine and some other strong pain meds but athe pain wasn't subsiding like it should. He was moved to a semiprivate room on Monday morning then moved again to a different room later the same day. He was still unable to get out of bed or walk on his own so his doctor ordered an MRI when he came in on Tuesday to check things out. Everything looked good on the MRI but there was still too much pain and he had edema in his legs and his blood sugar was way to high. They put him on insulin shots for that. He had also had a mild heart attack sometime Monday night so they did more tests and put him on a heart monitor. He uses a CPAP machine when he sleeps and they changed his mask to one with an oxygen port so they he is using oxygen at night. They've been getting him to set up with his feet hanging down on the side of the bed for an hour or so several times a day and he did walk some yesterday. He continues to need to be catheterized at least once a day but he has been able to pass some urine on his own so they think it's just a matter of time till things get working again. The doctor decided to move him to the rehab center in the hospital sometime today. He will be there for 5 to 7 days for intensive therapy and further monitoring of his complications. He is off the insulin as of today and they'll be monitoring that as well. He didn't have high blood sugar prior to his surgery. He should be able to come home after he finishes rehab but will most likely need physical therapy. We're crossing fingers and toes and the hounds are getting extra goodies to keep the drool rolling. We miss him and want him to get well and come home to us.

We want to thank everyone for all the drool, prayers and kind words sent out way. You guys are the best. Tuckerman says "Tanks" too.

Jacqie Marvich, the Tuckerman + all the rest of the LowDownHounds, Megan the Tall Dog (I miss my Dad. Where could he be?) and Trinket the c at lico c at t.