[Dailydrool] COFFEE - BAD FOR DOGS

Donna Funk donna at moondoggiecoffee.com
Sun Jan 22 04:56:17 PST 2012

Mary Lee,

Although I would love to tell everyone that coffee is good for the houndies, it
is NOT!  Especially in our adult and even more so in our senior furkids.

The caffeine can be fatal and can cause symptoms such as fast breathing, heart
palpitations, muscle tremors, bleeding and other nasty things you wouldn't want
to deal with.  A couple of licks or a few dropped beans won't hurt.  But
caffeine will build up in a dog's system and stay there longer than in a human's
system.

My guys can sniff a bean out of my pocket or hair.  I came home from work one
day and was laying on the couch when Zephyr jumped up on me and literally got in
my face - woofing, sniffing, howling, head-butting me, etc. When I got up, a
coffee bean that was flavored with chocolate fell out of my hair.  Yes, one
little bean - but he caught the scent and would not let up until it was gone.
Unfortunately for him, Marley snatched it before he could jump off the couch.
He was not a happy boy LOL

Donna Funk

Moon Doggie Coffee Roasters

(for those who don't know LOL)