[Dailydrool] schenanigans

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 23 09:26:14 PST 2012

Good morning all, Cyrus reporting.

As you can see from the title, this is definately basset related.  As many of
you know I am responsible for maintaining order and sanity our home, as well as
the safety and security of Snoopy inside as well as outside our home.  Whew.
Last Friday I had my checkup at the vets.  My Dr calls me gorgeous instead of
Cyrus .... cause I really am all that.  Well, this time she came into the room
and said WOW, what happened gorgeous, your muzzle is all grey!  Sheesh.  You try
taking care of Mr Curator of Missing objects!

It's not enough that when we go to the dog park he has to pick out a rottweiller
or a doberman or a ridgeback or a pit bull and demand their ball,  No, oh no!
He has to have "issues."  lf you get too close to his food he talks like an east
side gang banger .... you've never heard such language ... Snoopy was on the
streets for a while and OH MY WORD this boy can talk nasty.  And not only that,
there are occasions when he completely looses his mind and attacks and the
victum of his assalts winds up COVERED in slick, stringly, slimy drool of the
11th order.  I know.  It's happened to me more than once.  And now we have this
young impressionable basset in the house and I have to try to shield him from
these kinds of things.  Like last night ...

Last night Thor wanted to play.  Well, I was snoozing and Snoopy was snoozing so
Thor .... well Thor went and grabbed Snoopy's security squirrel.  Now the
security squirrel is not to be messed with.  He is small and he is furry and
Snoopy carries him around going squeak, squeak, squeak when he is too wound up
and needs to calm down.  Nobody is supposed to touch him, he is an emergency
security squirrel.  So ... Thor grabs him and SQUEAKS him and runs out the dog
door.  Well, Snoopy let out a SCREAM, you'd have thought Thor had ripped off his
ear and took off after Thor.  By the time I got out there Snoopy had Thor
cornered out back and he was talking real nasty and I got over there and got
between them before the poor little guy got slimed and I told him .... DROP the
SQUIRREL!  But no, oh no, Thor's over there holding his ground and Snoopy is
about to explode and I'm telling Thor .... "son, just put down the squirrel and
nobody is going to get hurt."  FINALLY Thor drops it and Snoopy grabbed it and
ran in the house and way to the back of the crate with his squirrel and wouldn't
even come out to go to bed.  The boy has been through a lot, all he wanted was
his little squirrel for petes sakes.

So, the girls went to bed and momPerson and dadPerson went to bed and I went to
bed and about 3AM Snoopy was licking momPerson's hand ..... "momPerson, Snoopy
is too tired and it's too dark, how about you boost your 75 lb basset up on the
bed."  Ok, so she boosted him and I cuddled him and he was ok now.  In the
morning we found Thor in a reading chair sound asleep.  Well, Snoopy was fine by
then so we all played and went potty and ate our breakfast and momPerson was
getting ready for work and the girls were getting ready for school and I was
getting ready to go back to bed when Thor came charging to the back of the house
carrying ..... yup .... Snoopy's squirrel ... with Snoopy in hot pursuit.  Well,
the boy had a plan.  He jumped up on the bed with dadPerson (where he does NOT
belong, our bed, not his bed) and Snoopy and I followed him and .... he dropped
the squirrel at Snoopy's feet and went over and snuggled dadPerson and went to
sleep.  On OUR bed ... where he does NOT belong.

Oh brother.  Any questions about why I'm going grey?

more later from Cyrus

P.S.  Mr Cooper Sir a while back you posted about a request to be rehomed ....
how did that work out for you?  Please advise...