[Dailydrool] maggies vet appointment

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Mon Jan 23 11:37:21 PST 2012

Oh Gosh these people are awesome,  I learned a lot and she spent  a lot of
time explaining allergies !
In two weeks Maggie is going to be retested all over again,  but this  time
no blood test . they will sedate her and shave her side and do skin
scratch test. they changed her diet to a limited ingredient and higher  protein as
she is a fat girl, and needs to lose some weight  they are  putting her on
Purina pro plan , fish,  Salmon,  even though  her other allergy test shows
she is allergic to Salmon and oatmeal,, this vet  said those food test are
NOT accurate    So for two weeks,   she gets NO Allergy Shots  No supplements
like her SOD although we can  increase her fish oil to help with the
itching, but NO histamines blockers  nothing  so in other words  she is going to
be miserable for two  weeks,  so will mommy!  but I am   really excited   I
think I am headed in the right direction for the first time on over a  year,
I walked out of their office with a good positive  attitude
And a special THANK YOU to Sandi Wittenberg  who stayed and helped me  with
the transition of going to a new vet, she also remembered some things that
I had left out
funny story, vet tech came out to get us,  well my Maggie and Annie  BULK
everytime  so the tech tried to take Annie,  NOPE she wasn't  going to go,
so I said I will take Annie  and with that Maggie pulled  the other way,  so
Sandi said "  do you need me to help and I said  SURE"  so Sandi took bull
headed Maggie and she pulled one time    YEP just once and Sandi said " ha
you don't know who you are dealing with little  girl and with that Maggie
marched right into the back room,  talk about a  dog whisperer

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie