[Dailydrool] Rolph, Clara and the electrician

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 15:05:38 PST 2012

An electrician arrived this morning to survey the circuits in the new house. He was a dog person and instantly fell for Rolph and Clara's charm.

I had to go to work, so warned him: They will steal from you - not just food,. There is a pile of treats on the fridge. If Rolph takes something he will trade. Don't try and just take it from him.
He said he was happy. He had dogs himself. Rolph and Clara seemed happy. I left.

I rang the electrician this evening to find out how the survey went. After he told me he added:
I can't believe your dog can open the fridge! I turned round and thought 'what's that packet of salmon doing on the floor. Then I saw your dog had his head in the fridge and was helping himself - and the other one had the packet of butter in her bed. And they stole a few bits from me. But they gave them back. They're really fantastic aren't they?

And not even a trace of irony in his voice.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding Clara's lump, it will be removed next week. In the meantime we are sending drool around the world for those who need it.

Sally with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK