[Dailydrool] Brittany Senior Program

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Sun Jan 29 16:47:42 PST 2012

Not sure about other rescues, but Utah Friends of Basset Hounds has a Forever Foster program for older dogs. UFBH will pay for medical care, help with nail trims, vet trips, doggie day care, whatever, for whoever takes the older hounds. They remain with the family "forever" as their dog, but UFBH helps with expenses, food, whatever else is needed. Has worked well for us. We know the seniors are in loving homes, and the families have some support. We currently have about 45 FF's. Families who could not really afford a basset can have one through this program.

Marilyn Briggs