[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Elder Clara's Ideas

Rkbeard at aol.com Rkbeard at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 08:16:20 PST 2012

Please don't jump down my throat, but I have always believed that when
Basset Hounds go the  Bridge, they are completely made whole and well and
happy--I see no need for a medical center.  Surely at the Bridge
they can do nothing that would cause them harm.  Also, I have always  liked
the description in the Rainbow Bridge of the lovely land where there is
always food and water and beautiful weather, our furry friends are warm and
comfortable, restored to health and vigor, made strong and whole again, so
they  can run and play all day with each other.

My Country Hounds love the idea that there are rabbits and squirrels (and
other things) to chase and play with, a soft place to sleep, toys
(especially  squeekies and fuzzies and empty water bottles), and always plenty of
things that  they need.  However, I really cannot imagine any of my dogs being
interested in shopping, bowling, or most of the other things Elder Clara
mentioned in her Main Street concept--although I am sure other's furry friends
 may enjoy different things.

I have always said that if dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where
 they go--and I like to imagine them happy and content, lying in the
sunshine,  maybe looking down on us occasionally, and waiting for me to get there
so we can  be together again.  I certainly believe--I just don't think they
need quite  all the things that Elder Clara mentioned.

Kathryn Beard
_rkbeard at aol.com_ (mailto:rkbeard at aol.com)