[Dailydrool] Golden Empire Basset Rescue

JILL PETERSON jpx at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 30 23:42:29 PST 2012

I do not post much on the drool but have been a long time member and lurker.  I have a very special request for all of you.  As you may or may not know, I am president of GEBR.  Last year was a very rough year for me.  I was hospitalized three times and spent most of the year off of work and rehabbing.  Since I am the main foster home for GEBR, our hounds, rescue and my personal hounds had to be boarded at our wonderful vets office.

I have finally recovered and was able to move back home and bring my hounds home (both personal and fosters).  Our hounds were boarded there for at least 4 months.  So far, he has not charged me anything for my personal hounds.  And, today one of the vet techs said he only charged rescue $2 a day to board our hounds.  I thought he might give us a small break on the boarding bill but I did not expect anything like this.  I have been in tears all afternoon.

So, I would like Dr Stout to know how grateful we are for his kindness and taking care of our hounds.  So, if you can I would love for him to receive thank you cards from our wonderful basset community.  Just a small note thanking him and of course a picture of your hounds if you have one or two to spare.  It would be so great to go to his office and find his walls covered with bassets!

Dr. R. Stout
726 High St
Delano  CA  93215

Thank you so much for helping us say thank you to what we feel is the greatest Vet on earth.

Jill and the hounds of GEBR