[Dailydrool] License plates

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 13:33:38 PST 2012

Sherry's post about basset license plates reminded me of something I keep thinking I should post, then never get around to doing.

In October, during the freak snowstorm, a limb came down on both our cars. My little Honda was totaled, so we had to get a new car. Because Drew was funding this car, I couldn't use my old plates. In their infinite wisdom, the motor vehicle folks gave me a basset-related plate, all unknowingly. The last part of my plates reads: BPY--that's right, short for buppy. Only problem is, I don't do buppys. Jane killed that for me, 'cause she got into so much trouble.

Our current youngest foster just turned five. To me, used to seniors, that's a buppy. So maybe they knew Dexter was coming to us and that I would need to celebrate his buppiness. At times it's hard to realize he could be that old, because he loves to play with toys, flirt with vet techs, and do other buppy things.

As for the first part of the plate, I can't remember it offhand. I never remember numbers easily, and I was so thrilled at BPY that I've never paid attention to what came before it.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, including BPY Dexter