[Dailydrool] Puppymills

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 21:11:12 PDT 2012

Living in the number one puppy mill State in th US (second place has less than a third as many as MO) when you go to a puppy mill auction it is a horrible site. The people there are all inhumane they only see money when they look at the dogs they auction off. The Senators Councilmen and Representatives all rubbing elbows with the Millers, the USDA inspectors and the AKC representatives laughing and shaking hands with the Millers. It is sad to see. Then you have these scared dogs on a stage in front of hundreds of people as the bidding begins, some are in labor as they are being auctioned.
Yes when rescue takes dogs from auctions the money goes to the puppy Millers. What do the Millers then do when they sell all of their stock? They go to a puppy mill auction and buy more dogs and start breeding under a new name more times than not.
And the puppies the Millers supply to pet stores, if they do not get bought, what happens to them does anyone know??? Are they are euthanized???? I once rescued a Basset from a pet store they were getting ready to euthanize because he had been there too long.

One pet store owner in a small town near here had a bucket full of water in the back and once a puppy reached four months she cut her losses and drowned them, the store closed down after people found out. Ever since I heard that I can hardly look in the window of a pet store for fear I will want to take them all home with me.
Like Cathy said things will never change until dogs become more than property.