[Dailydrool] A little drool for Flash, please

Veronica Deveau bassetgrrl at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:24:05 PDT 2012

Flash is in quite a bad way so if there's a little extra drool to go around we would certainly appreciate it.

We've known for about nine months that Flash has a calcified disc in his neck and arthritis in his hips and we knew that it could, eventually, take a turn for the worse.  It has.  The vet has added tramadol to his meds and says that if it gets even worse the only option is surgery.  Flashy's heading up to 11.  Surgery is not on the radar.  Nor is chiropractic or acupuncture (Paul is a traditionalist and I cannot change that).

I'm praying that the tramadol kicks in (he's been on it since last night, so it's pretty early still), but right now Flash is groaning.  He didn't help me load the dishwasher last night and he didn't come to see about his dried apricot this morning--not good signs.  I think he's even wobblier than he was before he saw the vet.

In the year and a half since we adopted Flash and Wilma Flash has lost his food aggression.  He's lost every shred of snarkiness and snappishness he had when he first came.  Flash loves everyone and everything including strange cats.  In short, he's turned into a Bassety Mr. Wonderful.  We can't bear that he's going downhill so quickly.

Drool is appreciated and your prayers are welcome.  Thanking you all, in advance, for your kindness.

Veronica Deveau

(Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia)