[Dailydrool] This and that

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:20:55 PDT 2012

Well, another 4th of July has come and gone and we all survived. Only one
out of the four hounds here is frightened of thunder and fireworks and we
had both yesterday. Ginger, who is the Houndette who you would least expect
to be afraid of anything, is the one that hates thunder and fireworks. Not
enough to have to be medicated but she spent the evening under our legs and
was stressed to the point of snapping at the other Houndettes. Fortunately
the other three seem to lower the ear flaps and not pay any attention but
thunder and the sharp popping of firecrackers certainly puts Ginger on edge.

Shelter Challenge voting starts next Monday! Chris, you seem to be the one
that keeps all of us in line when it comes to the Shelter Challenge so
please let us know the specifics about this Shelter Challenge. I'm glad to
vote for any chosen rescue! The subscribers to the Daily Drool have been
tremendously successful in helping the rescues win prizes from the Shelter
Challenge and I'm hoping we are successful again this time! It is an
absolute thrill for your rescue to receive that $1000 prize!

The Houndettes send heart healing and get well drool to all in need. We've
had far to many losses lately! I'm hoping Elder Clara can take a break from
her Bridge reporting job for a little while. I'm sure that writing that
report is more than a little heart wrenching but we're all very grateful
for the Bridge updates.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger