[Dailydrool] Dexter's sight is gone

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sun Jul 8 22:44:40 PDT 2012

Dex seems to have lost his sight in his remaining eye very suddenly. In the early morning on Sunday, he had vision, and suddenly it disappeared. A pressure spike probably took it.

We have an appointment with the eye doc today, but I think it's just a formality. We will have another vet remove the eye--a regular vet can do the surgery, and it is much less costly. I hope we can get the surgery done in a few days.

Please sling drool and send prayers for Dex. He's confused and in pain, even though we have him on a painkiller. My poor boy just doesn't know what to do with the lights out.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who isn't much less confused than Dexter