[Dailydrool] Bassets going backwards?

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:42:13 PDT 2012

This is just a silly summer question. I'm wondering -- does your basset go
backwards?

We have an island in the kitchen, and the Underfoots are frequently
required to mooooovve! out of the way. Paddi turns around and goes
forwards. Vernon Q Basset goes backwards.

Always.

And he does not walk quickly backwards. Not at all.

One day when I was setting the table and encouraging him to hurry up, he
rewarded me by backing all the way into the living room -- likely 15 feet
or so. It's not too narrow -- he had to back across the whole non-island
part of the kitchen to finish the trip.

So -- do your bassets back up? Or is this a special Vernon Q Basset,
Underfoot talent?

Mary
& Vernon Q Basset (going backwards)
& Paddi B Basset (not)