[Dailydrool] a little drool for Anna please

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Wed Jul 11 13:33:31 PDT 2012

Our 6 year old Anna is going through a very difficult time.  She has
a calcifed disk in her neck (the spouse went with her to the vet and he's
terrible at remembering what they say so I may be wrong).  Anyway, as
a result, we have put up a small ex pen in the living room for her with
several incontinence pads (better known as pee pads) and fleecy medical
grade fleeces to lay on.  At first (Friday) she couldn't walk at all,
front or rear.  She is now taking prednisone (for the inflammation
and pain), and gabapentin (for the pain.)  I am familiar with
gabapentin because I take it but I don't recall ever hearing of a basset
on the Drool taking it.  makes her nap a lot.  The pred of
course makes her pee a lot which makes for lots and lots of laundry.
Anyway she now can lift her nose off the ground until her meds are almost
due, and walk around like a drunken sailor when she goes outside.  As
long as she makes progress we are all right.  But if progress stops
at a point where she is till having pain in her neck we will need to make
the hard decision.  Surgery is not at option - estimated cost is
$6000.  Sorry.  This is long and rambling.  All I meant to
do was ask for a bit of drool for Anna.  Thanks

crazy
basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit