[Dailydrool] Bonnie & Llewis

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:09:33 PDT 2012

We have learned more about determination and positive-ness (is that a
word?) From Llewis than in our entire adult lives. He just never complains,
never stops, never notices his handicaps. I am sure Bonnie is much the same
way.
But I did want to say here that Menzie is also correct in her comment about
some litters-- the best of pedigrees-- turn out badly.
Zelda had 7 pups, two by C section and they both died. Llewis is an amazing
mess, Nigel went down in the rear at 5 yrs old. The others, all female, are
fine. But this was a litter from two highly bred, beautiful dogs, planned
and studied.
Most breeders I have spoken to say they expect to lose one puppy per litter
but sometimes they get lucky.
Breeding Zelda taught me a number of things, but the most important thing
it taught me was that I am not a breeder. I am more than happy to breed the
boys if they're good enough (only Mitchell) but I am not one to raise
puppies.

MomPerson NotaBreeder