[Dailydrool] Dottie's first bladder infection, Clavamox?

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 20:29:20 PDT 2012

Hello everyone, I haven't been keeping up too well on the DD,  I have had
so many losses this yr. so far, it's hard to have interest in much of
anything........with Honey gone, it's a huge emptiness. Too many deaths in my
family so far this yr. and I am just not with it yet..........going to take a
long time I am afraid.  But anyway,
Dottie has come down with her first bladder infection, poor  girl woke us
up 6 times last night to go out, plus pee peed in the house about 4  or 5
times.
We were at the vets as soon as they opened. I brought urine  with me,
suspecting it might be that.  He said yes, there is bacteria in  her urine, so he
gave her a shot of something to get the antibiotics started,  dummy me
didn't ask what it was, just didn't think. He told me to give her
Clavamox, when we got home, and then again at 3, and then one just before
bed. Which I just did. When she goes pee pee, she really goes. Guess I never
 paid that m uch attention to that before, maybe it's from the  Clavamox,?
Or the injection?  Does Clavamox maybe cause them to  paint and drink more
water?  It's not a lot of hard panting, just something  she has been doing
the last day or 2.  It's really making me worried. She  eats fine, drinks
fine, wants her carrots and cucumbers, and a few little  treats, am I  nuts? I
can't stand the thought of losing her. He said the  clavamox works fast, and
she hasn't had anymore accidents, but then I am making  sure she goes out
every couple hrs.
I know Dottie is depressed over losing Honey. She just isn't  the same, she
is a lot quieter, and just doesn't seem happy. Although she still  gives me
heck when she wants something, and I love it, isn't that crazy, that is
normal.
Can anyone offer me any information on bladder infections dogs  get?
I've had my share, but I "couldn't" go pee pee then, but she  was going all
over the ho use.............I hear they are fairly  common?
Anyway, the cause? Stress of losing Honey, the horrible heat,  losing my
dad????   Sure could use a little encouragement  ............maybe I am
noticing every single thing now, but it seems like she is  breathing a little
faster even sleeping????? I'm driving myself nuts I  think.
thanks so much..........Barbie, & Dottie &  Scooby

In a message dated 7/16/2012 5:16:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,