[Dailydrool] Heartworm med

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Jul 18 20:45:38 PDT 2012

The old bulldog we rescued was extremely high-positive for heartworm.
However, because of his age, the vet recommended only one round of
heartworm treatment, fearing he wouldn't survive the full (second dose)
round. In fact, he was doubtful he would survive the first round -- but
that was 4 years ago. Subsequently, he was on Interceptor, but that
currently is not available (some sort of ingredient change going on) so
he now is on Iverhart Plus -- a once-a-month dosage. It also controls
roundworms and hookworms. We prefer Interceptor as it also controls
whipworms (which crops up here periodically), and will go back to it
when it's once again available. Hope this helps.
Riche/BUGLER