[Dailydrool] glaucoma and prosthetics

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Thu Jul 19 05:34:58 PDT 2012

Our Browser, at age 5, became blind in one eye from glaucoma immediately.
 Our optho vet used a process called chemical ablation which is a quick
injection in the eye under light sedation.  It stops the the tear cells
from working and so takes the pressure and pain away forever.  We tried to
save his other eye with eye drops for almost two years and then that eye
became blinded as well.  Again, chemical ablation was used.  Both of his
eyes are intact and look almost normal.  He is pain free and no more
extensive operation had to be performed.  It has now been four years.  I do
believe that a very experienced optho vet will be able to perform this
procedure. Much less traumatic for the dog and for us.

Sally Russell