[Dailydrool] Rain Rain Rain

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sat Jul 21 17:47:28 PDT 2012

Momma here, one that is floating here at the Beach. We have had rain since yesterday late afternoon, it has come down in buckets, this storm just seems to sit over the top of us with no signs of moving. Thunder, lightning, and bored bassets.Now this is a loosing combination if I have ever lived it. Daisy has had composure day and night, and is now on hubby's lap. Elwood and Jake both felt it was a day to snooze, and then there is Bessie. Bessie the younger-- Bessie that took a super power nap and woke up with a spring in her paws and Elwood in her sights. She banged and pushed Elwood until all bets were off and he went after her, he was livid. The problem here was that Bess, being so small and fast she took off and was doing laps around him which added fuel to the fire. It is a good thing Elwood is mind natured, and has a short memory, as this has continued all afternoon. Elwood begged to go to bed, wanted that crate door opened so he could call it a day. I was more than willing, and off he went to bed.

Brudder Jake has now taught Bessie to whine. She has become a master under bellhound Jake,and when she whines, it goes right thru the heart.  Bessie did suprise me today, I was laying on the couch and the next thing I knew she came up the dog steps and got on the couch and curled up next to me. This was a first, and all on her own. We have tried lifting her up and having her lay with us and she always before would get right down. Small steps, but we see changes. We were thirilled. Now if I could get her to stop peeing on the floor----I guess she knows I have experience in riding the mop.

Thats it from the wet, soggy Beach--Drool to all in need!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger