[Dailydrool] Size doesn't matter

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:05:20 PDT 2012

Okay, I suppose in the world of hounds, size doesn't matter much! Remember a
few days ago I mentioned bringing home a stray bloodhound? (If it's not a
bloodhound, it's some kind of big tall hound.) Well, little Dexter hasn't a
clue that he's half the size of this guy.here's a YouTube link to a little
goofing off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkA3zutTPC4

I haven't had any luck finding the owner, so Monday I'll be turning him over
to a nearby rescue shelter that works with a lot of hounds. This
organization, like all the basset hound rescues I know, is going to have him
vetted, checked for heartworm, neutered, microchipped, evaluated, etc., then
adopted out to a family. Believe me, if I had room to keep him, I would.
He's an absolutely wonderful dog. But the mobile home park management would
just freak out with a dog this size.

On a not-so-cheerful note, Maggie d'Earest (my 12 year old) has developed
some serious back pain. I took her to the vet on Thursday and she got a shot
- cortisone, I think. I was really distracted (and in pain myself from
carrying her around - she weighs 63 pounds) and in a panic mode, so I don't
remember for sure. But it didn't help yet. She can hardly get up from laying
down, she can't walk without stumbling, I try to help and she cries out in
pain. And now, tonight she didn't want to eat. That is NOT my Maggie - she's
always been a real chow hound!  I'm so worried. I'll try to have her back at
the vet early Monday morning (unless something good happens before then.)

Tim 'n Puppies
Maggie d'Earest
Leia Round
Dexter
And this week only, "what's-his-name" the stray