[Dailydrool] Snarkiness

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 16:30:33 PDT 2012

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

Well, clueless we may be but we can always tell when something hurts Snoopy.  We
know because he guards doorways and snarks at anyone who tries to use anything.
He'll even snark at LuLu for coming up on HER couch if he is already there.
Now, as already noted countless times, Snoopy does NOT bite.  He WILL however
threaten.  And he does put his teeth on the other dogs and on us, he just
doesn't bear down at all .... all he leaves is slobber.

He's had this recurring thing where he'll suddenly go lame and then we give him
a Rimadyl and a few hours later he's fine.  Been happening once or twice a week
now.  The day before last it happened during his walk and he could barely make
it home.  A few hours later he was much better.  You know what I noticed
examining him?  One of his front legs is pretty darned crooked.  Got a zig zag
in there and it looks like that's the one that gets painful at times.  I will
show it to the vet next checkup but I don't think much can be done for these
things short of orthopedic surgery.  Snoopy is 7 years old and I don't think
we'd want to put him through that.

So, I guess we'll talk to the vet about how to make it easier for him to cope.
He may very well wind up on Rimadyl as needed (just like Cyrus is).  Ain't old
age grand?

Could Conrad be in pain too?  Sounds similar to Snoopy (other than the biting).

The clueless momPerson ... aka Dale .... with Snoopy and LuLu who are all
cuddled up and Cyrus who is outside

Here's a picture of the snugglers:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=3492547348669&set=a.1121032302275.2018373.1121096046&type=1&theater

e-mail me if you don't do facebook and want to see them snuggle.