[Dailydrool] Beau is silly!!!

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 16:43:46 PDT 2012

Hi Basset Gang,
    I thought you guys might enjoy some basset silliness due to all the recent postings on loss and illness!  I wish everyone comfort and peace who is dealing with a recent loss or caring for a beloved ill human or canine.
    I want to send out special prayers and support to anyone who is currently caring for a loved one with cancer.  I am currently caring for my beloved mother who was recent diagnosed with cancer and is going through chemo therapy.  It is a tremendous challenge to deal with the emotional upheaval and the HUGE amount of medical information and treatments.  God Bless all of you!  Anyway, on to my bad boy/angel Beau!
    I tell Beau everyday that he is naughty because he has freckles!!!  HAHAHAHA.  He is my animal control boy.  He was found wandering the streets of Tampa dragging a chain behind him and he had apparently been kept on a chain for 3 or 4 years and his collar had embedded into his neck.  He was also microchipped and registered through the AKC and neither owner nor breeder would claim him after being contacted 3 times.
    Any who, Beau's curiosity is notorious here!  He insists on peeking in every cupboard every time we open them and he cannot resist the allure of the 'frig!  Well, in the morning when I shower, he has to push aside the shower curtain to see what I am up to.  He also likes to lick the water off your legs.  One morning curiosity and affection must have overwhelmed him while I was showering because the next thing I know, Beau launches himself 3 feet off the floor and bounces off my back and lands back on the bathroom floor.  He must have been shocked and dazed because it took him a minute or so to recover and go back to merely peeking at me in the shower!  HAHAHAHA!  Needless to say he has not tried that again and luckily, I was not hurt just shocked as I was washing my hair!  I know I am finally getting used to his antics because this did not even phase me!!!
    He is the world's sweetest boy and my only basset who never squabbles with any of the other dogs.  He never growls or does the Basset scream in anger--unlike Fancy and Luke!!!
Your is Bassets,
Marie Campbell
Man Plans ~ God Laughs