[Dailydrool] Fred

Sue Pearson suesbassets at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:30:03 PDT 2012

I have just given the vets permission to send Fred to the bridge. He has been at the vets all day on a drip but has got worse not better. His Liver has packed up completely. He has lost 2 kilos since last week and now weighs less than Ginger who is a lot smaller.Fred joined the household at the end of October 2008 when he was about 2 and a half, he had spent his first years on a puppy farm in south wales. He was a handsome tri-coloured boy who was very loving and gentle, even when I was forcing pills down him he didn't bear down with his teeth.It will be strange only having one small one here and I don't know how she will be when she realises I am not going to fetch him home.I don't know what to do with myself at the moment although Snowy just gave me a very purring cuddle. Since last November I have lost Olivia (aged 6) to cancer having only had her 8 weeks, then in February I lost Winnie mind you she was 10 when she came to live here and I had her 6 years and now Fred aged 6, far too young. Fred and Olivia were the same age and from the same rescue so from the same group of puppy farms. Ginger is also from that same rescue but is only 4, you can bet I will be watching her like a hawk from now on.Sue whose mood doesn't match the cloudless sky and 30 degree temp.Ginger who is wondering why mummy has leaky eyes.Snowy who has wet fur.Sooty who is out somewhere doing cat things.