[Dailydrool] Stewie

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 18:18:13 PDT 2012

Stewie saw my vet today, he said he is seven or older, my vet also got teary eyed as he looked him over. I think the sad life Stewie has had and the deplorable shape he is in was just too much for him. I have only seen him that sad on one other occasion when we had to put my Freckles to sleep. He had treated Freckles from the first day we got him, through his leg surgeries, eye surgery, his epilepsy, his cancer and my vet was very fond of my gentle Freckles.
Stewie has the same gentle, loving, friendly personality that Freckles had. Dr. Chirpich thanked me for saving Stewie, he said we need to get some weight on him and then we will talk about his other problems.
He said his broken teeth are from chewing on a cage, rocks or a wire tie out or something but he had been chewing whatever it was for a long long time. He said his teeth had broken and healed over and broken and healed over over and over again but he has good gums so that is not a worry right now. He said the teeth are not painful his gums are not infected so he will be able to eat without pain.  He has to recover from his heartworm treatment and he needs to gain weight. Those are our most important goals for now.