[Dailydrool] moving forward

Randee White randeewhite at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 12:47:14 PDT 2012

I have to thank everyone who sent me notes of condolence.  Between the Drool and other friends, I had no idea that Dan had touched so many lives.  I also have to apologize for not acknowledging other's losses over the past couple of weeks.  It’s taken me some time to emerge from the lethargy I fell into after Dan went to the Bridge.  I have been spending my time trying to tame the wild and crazy Ricky and Lucy.  While Dan definitely would have qualified for BABES status, these two will probably become OEBEs in short order.  Both of them believe that everything inside the house belongs in the back yard, and everything in the back yard (except the things that they just brought out) belongs in the house.   Their favorite exercise is bringing sticks into the house and chewing them to shreds on the living room floor.  It looks like I’ve mulched the house.  I’m scared to death that one of them is going to puncture some internal organ.  No
 amount of objective reasoning and no kind of toy or bone can dissuade them.  I think I’ve finally convinced the DH that the back yard needs to be CLEANED UP!  What a concept.   They are both world class counter cruisers also.  I’m so definitely not used to this.  Both are enrolled in obedience classes but right now they both seem resistant to learning.  Well, it’s early days still so we’ll see how we progress.  Ricky, 17 months old, started out in a conformation household but he isn’t conformation quality so he wasn’t well socialized to people.  He’s good with other dogs but very shy, scared really, of people.  We’re spending a lot of time getting him comfortable around strangers.  Lucy, 10 months old, never met a stranger but has the attention span of a gnat!  I’ll have to keep you updated.  Randee and the White House Gang