[Dailydrool] Thank doG

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 15:00:25 PDT 2012

We have had extreme weather here in the UK today - heavy rain and really high winds.

I was working late when my daughter rang me. She had got in from work and opened the back door so the dogs could make themselves comfortable. When we're in, we tend to leave the door open so they can just go out when they want.

After 20 minutes or so, the front door bell rang, and there was a woman saying "Is this your dog?" And there was Clara, sitting on the stoop waiting to be let in.

The side fence (which you can't see from the back door) had completely blown over. We have no idea where Clara had been, or how long she had been sitting by the front door. She may have been off chasing cats or foxes, which as we live lose to a main road is a very worrying thought.

Thank doG she got home safe. And thank doG Rolph had not gone out, as somehow I don't think he would have come back and sat on the stoop.

I'm off to find some whiskey!

Sally, with Rolph and Clara the adventurer, UK