[Dailydrool] They can't be getting old!

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 10:07:26 PDT 2012

I have had Rolph and Clara for five years. Rolph was two when he came and took over and Clara three. Both of them still full of puppyish behaviour - particularly Rolph.

A while ago I noticed their muzzles were turning grey, last autumn I noticed Clara's eyes were a little clouded and more recently I think she genuinely doesn't always hear me when I call.

But now, Rolph can't get up on my bed any more. I always thought  I'd be glad when this happened, as they are not supposed to get on the bed. Instead, seeing him try and fail is just heartbreaking. Clara can still hop up easily, but she has always been agile.

Still, it hasn't stopped Rolph from stealing laundry, counter cruising and taking prime place on the couch!

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK