[Dailydrool] Where Food is Made

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:40:35 PDT 2012

The whole problem with the dog food and treats is much more complicated
than where the food is made.  Remember the melamine (may be spelled
wrong)?  That showed up in foods MADE in the USA!  These companies were
buying wheat and in one case rice from China and bringing it here to use in
food made here.  This is the one that really made no sense to me.  You
would think we can produce wheat here in the USA cheaper than it can be
produced in China and then exported to here.  Any time a food source is
used from outside the USA, it does not have to be grown, or stored
according to our rules and regulations here in the United States, even when
it is then used in the manufacture of food here in the United States.

This is why some people are fighting hard for source of origin labels to be
required on food.  It is now required on your produce, but not on packaged
food.  Just keep in mind that some parts of the world do not have the same
kinds of regulations on pesticides, and weed killers, or antibiotic
withdrawal times.  DDT is still used legally in some parts of the world.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn