[Dailydrool] Piper and Dadslave Andrew ATB

Karen McEwan bassett8 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:24:11 PDT 2012

Piper has requested to stay on the beach as due to her deep chest and short legs she has never been a good swimmer but will happily supervise all buppies on the beach with much love and a gentle paw.

Dadslave Andrew will happily play lifeguard as when he was still with us on this side of the bridge he was a state and national swimmer and waterpolo player, so he will happily frolic in the water with all the swimming buppies and make sure they are safe and well looked after.

We back here on earth are in mid winter and its too cold to swim, the momslave has just had our leaky pool redone and our big blue waterbowl is empty, we can start refilling it on Sunday, so hopefully soon our big blue bowl will be drinkable again, much moaning and whining at the momslave has been done this week with all the workers here and all the funny smells in the air from the fibreglass and no blue waterbowl.

Momslave keeps telling us to be patient and that we have plenty of water in the drinking bowls but we want our big blue bowl!

On another complaint momslave forgot to tell everyone that Caspian turned 4 on the 23rd of May.

Momslave says that he is now a good boy and has stopped biting everybody and even gave her a snooter kiss today, I think the hound that the rescue was terrified of has finally decided he is home and safe and has finally put his growls and teeth away.  Its taken a year of hard work, bites, tetanus shots and bruises, but the real Caspian has finally come out of his shell and he is truly a sweetheart.  For all the bites etc, he has shown me that love truly does conquer all.  For all the times I cried and all the times I felt like just giving up, I somehow got through and have a great hound who has a great brother and sister, sometimes you just have to take it one day at a time.

To all who have lost houndies or whose houndies are sick, we send drool, snooter kisses and love, you are all in our thoughts, always.

The Out of Africa Hounds - Coco, Whisky and Caspian with Piper and Dadslave Andrew (ATB) and momslave Karen