[Dailydrool] Vet visits

James Emma dariaemma at verizon.net
Tue Jun 19 06:50:53 PDT 2012

Wow.  Lots of vet visits these past week. Healing drool to all in need.
I am joining the ranks of clueless MP's.  My only defense is that this issue has not arisen with Tony at all in the 15 months he has been with us.  SO, I noticed the odor and then the scooting Memorial Day weekend.  Figures, right?  Off to the vet that Tuesday after.  Glands full and were expressed.  Thursday, still scooting and leaking.  Now, on meds.  While on meds, scooting stopped and leaking a little.  I thought it was poop because he is having trouble squatting far enough to avoid the fur.  After meds done, major scooting and leaking and bloody on weekend.  Okay, the light goes on and infection is raging.  OFf to vet yesterday, glands expressed, meds and a laser treatment to anal area.  It seems to have helped but I never heard of it before.  He has to go back for 3 more treatments and another gland expression.  He's on Baytril 2x daily and hopefully it works.  If infection stays after all this, then flushing the glands is next.  So, after having 2 other bassets with gland issues, I missed the signs in this guy.  Senility setting in? DH back surgery? Tony being in general good health other than bad teeth?  I don't know.  I'll just continue to make TOny crazy by lifting his tail and checking him out!  LOL!!

Clueless in St Pete,  Daria and Tony of the smelly butt