[Dailydrool] "From Cage to Couch Campaign".

isagen1 at netzero.com isagen1 at netzero.com
Wed Jun 20 06:37:57 PDT 2012

Hi everyone...it has been a long time since we posted...my job keeps me so busy, I find it hard to keep up with anything . Charlie and Vivvie don't mind since I work from home and this allows for many treats and 2 Bassets that have Mom wrapped around their paws.  Which leads me to this story.....

Happily, we did take time off to attend the Great American Waddle in Troy, Michigan in May.  We had a wonderful time visiting  with all our friends and meeting new ones.  Raising money for homeless houndies is the purpose of the weekend and what a fun way to go about it! While we were there Vivian was adored by all and it really seemed to go to her head.  Suddenly my Vivvie looked a little taller....and prouder....and well.....REGAL!  She has not been the same since we got home. Now, Miss Vivian Kay parks herself on her couch and waits for Mom to serve her.  She reminds me about all the adoring Aunties she met at the Waddle......she admires herself in the mirror and tells Charlie that a nice gold crown would improve her looks.  I'm finding pictures of the beautiful Queens Pawtunia and Xandy Bear taped low on the wall and some unusual phone numbers showing up on my bill.  (Aunties Sharon and Dawn, have the girls been spending a large amount of time on the phone?)  Sooo...Vivian Kay has decided she should be a Queen.  Her life was spent living in a kennel for 4 1/2 years.....no one's special girl, no warm and loving hands for pets or belly rubs...this is Vivvie's story and  why she believes  she should be a Queen...

Vivian came from a show breeder and was never a house dog. Viv lived the first four and a half years of her life in the Breeders kennel.  She was only brought in the house when she was in heat and when she had her pups. Viv had one litter of pups and my Charlie is her son.   She was not bred anymore due to a shoulder issue. That decision meant no more house time for Vivvie-- so she continued to live in her cage.  The breeders asked me to take Vivvie, but I already had Charlie and was unable to support a second hound. A year later they called again, hoping to place Vivian Kay. Another family was interested, but they wanted a dog to speed walk with them.  If you've ever met my Vivvie,  you know that it looks like her feet are attached to her body.  Not much leg showing on this multiple winner of "Lowest to the Ground" contests from Maryland to Michigan!   So three years ago I adopted a scared Basset Mommy.  Viv went from living in a cage to the sweetest, friendliest, gurl.  Now Vivvie hopes to be Queen and an inspiration to other sweet houndies who have spent the early days of their lives living in a cage....or worse.   This begins our quest--Vivian Kay for Queen of the Great American Waddle, 2013.  Help make Vivvie the Queen she deserves to be by raising money to get homeless houndies out of cages and onto couches in warm and loving homes.  We will offer a number of activities from now until May 2013 to raise money for Michigan Basset Rescue to help other houndies that have to live in cages to find new homes and to win a Queenship for Vivian Kay.   This is the "From Cage to Couch Campaign".

Vivvie has some loving Aunties lined up to help with different fundraisers during the year..

Her first fundraiser is sponsored by her dear Auntie Kay Jordon...

Auntie Kay and I are selling 2 year pocket calendars for 7.50 each which includes shipping.

The Cage to Couch magnets are 7.00 which includes shipping

For details here is the URL... http://georgeegrunt.com/vivian2013/index2.html

Ilene Sagen, Mom and  Fundraising Slave to Vivian Kay and Charlie