[Dailydrool] Blue ear treatment and foot bumps

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 17:47:20 PDT 2012

 Hey, Dale - Our Delilah Belle had an odd-looking dark lump on her foot for several months.  It just appeared there one day and stayed the same size.  We had it checked twice; the first vet said to watch it for a week or so  and see what happened.  When Delilah and Dozer were temporarily fostered with Tri-State Basset's foster coordinator, Eric, he took both her and Dozer for check-ups.  Delilah needed a dental so was going to be under anesthesia anyway and they felt the lump, while probably not malignant, should come off.  So, off it came.  She had sutures in for about ten days or so.  They were removed the day before we picked them up.  As far as I know, she was a good girl and was able to avoid the "cone of shame" and her incision healed beautifully.  The fur hasn't completely grown back yet but it looks great!  I'm sure Lulu will do fine.

Re: Blue Power Ear Treatment - I agree with everyone else; it's pretty amazing stuff! Again, it's our Delilah who gets icky ears.  She doesn't really enjoy anything put in her ears but it really helps.  Without it, she has brown gunk and scratches at them.  It's a heck of lot easier and cheaper to treat them with it than pay expensive vet bills.  One word of caution, however - if you use alcohol and not witch hazel make sure that there is not open sore inside.  If you notice blood, pus or swelling see your vet and DO NOT attempt to treat it yourself.

Debbie - What a story about Brudder Jake!  What a blessing that MomPerson, Bev, thought of visual problems as a possibility.  I'm happy that his BP is under control and he has a good prognosis for the future.  Although I hope no other houndie experiences this, putting the info out there for everyone's benefit is sharing in the way that the Drool does best.

 Speaking of Bev  - Omidawg did I LOL out your hound bathing story!  Our Dozer recently just got a much-needed spa day...in our bathtub.  This is a dawg who LOVED our mobile groomer back in the day when we could afford this.  She had a ramp for Mr. Short Legs and up he'd go, thinking the whole bath thing was just an excuse for her to to rub and love on him.  Being helped over the edge of our bathtub, however, didn't have the same appeal.  Also, I don't do after bath "foo-foo" spray or give out complimentary seasonal bandanas.  Perhaps I need to do so...

Hugs and drool to whoever needs it,
Sandi, Mamaslave to the Dynamic Duo - Deliah and Dozer
Remnants of the NJ4...and missing their furbuds...