[Dailydrool] really really long post we just got back from vacation

Claudia O'Neil mouse1 at wk.net
Mon Jun 25 20:43:58 PDT 2012

hey yall.  we're home and i am busy with laundry and grocery shopping and chasing grandboys(7 & 8).  it is hot here with temps in the 95-102 range for this week.  evidently that is what has been going on while we were gone also. a big thank you to maddy and scott for showing us around and going to dinner with us in seattle and giving us bassets to pet.  just wish webster had let me hug him.  i know maddy told yall that the highlight was finding my favorite cold drink at the grocery.  you can't find it in very many places and i was VERY delighted to see it there.while in seattle we went to a baseball game and had a ball.   ken and i had a wonderful time.  this was my 3rd trip but his first to alaska and his first cruise.  he enjoyed it all.  we saw humpbacks and orcas and sea lions and i volunteered to pull crab pots on one of our expeditions ( i told him that i had caught lunch and he had to cook  hehehe ).  we saw eagles everywhere and 6 grizzleys and moose and trumpter swans and caribou and falcons and a black bear outside our room in alyesak.  the hotel staff tried to shoo it away and it circled back for a second showing.  we did the tourist thing in seattle --space needle, pike place market ( that was a blast) a bus tour of the city and walked the dock area.  with the new BIG ferris wheel had been working , i would have dragged ken on that too.  bless his heart he tried his best to keep up with the pace i was setting.  we did the train at skagway and the scenery was breathtaking.  the only time we saw rain was in juneau in alaska and when we landed in seattle it was pouring up until the time we got to the hotel and got ready to go out to eat.  then it stopped raining just for us.  yeah right but i like to think so anyway.  the day was clear and we got to see mt denali clearly.  it is spine tingling to see.  there are just not enough adjetives to describe all we saw.  in fairbanks, drooler Glenda met us and drove us to let ken see the pipeline and to meet her two gurls. they very graciously let us pet and hug them and gave us snooter kisses.  i know i am forgetting to list something that we did or saw.   if you have never been on a cruise -- they put mats in the elevators with the day of the week on it and change them accordingly  ie: monday, tuesday etc. i had told ken about this but until he saw them for himself it really didn't sink in what i was talking about.  he said that now we are home we have to look on a calendar instead of the carpeting to know what day it is.  funny.  i took 11 rolls of film( yes i still use real film that gets developed, actually onto a cd then i print the ones i want)  and ken took over 900 pics on his digital.  this thursday we will sign the ppw for the closing on the new house.  so we are hitting the ground running.  the plumber and painter start on the 9th. we are so excited about the new home.  it will be big enough to have company comfortably and for the grandboys also.  they really missed us.  they both cried to see us home.  the oldest son and his wife from kansas that we visited not long ago are coming in for the july 4th week.  they always come at christmas and july 4th and try to fit in thanksgiving if they can. so we are very busy.  drool to all who need it and i have really missed all of you.  especially glad to see that donna is progressing.   i am still playing catch up on email.  i had over 17  messages when i first got home.  it was overwhelming to say the least. glad cooking and suz are keeping each other company.  the town will never be the same after the two of them there. i kow this is long so i will message more later.  bye
claudia mom to winston and sadie and sally