[Dailydrool] so much for the voice of reason

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 27 12:20:13 PDT 2012

Ok, ok so the dogs were playing in the backyard last night.  LuLu had her bump
removed a week ago and she has forgotten completely.  BUT, she still has
stitches on her foot and will for another 3-5 days so she is supposed to be
mellow.  Yeah, right.  She and Snoopy were charging around and wrestling and I
told them to stop it and they ignored me completely.  Basset 500 in the backyard
with occasional boughts of rough and tumble.  STOP THAT!!

What?  What?  Did she say something?  Oh, who cares, she's clueless anyway ....
GET OVER HERE SNOOPY............

So, I sent Cyrus into the fray.  Usually he will go over there and stand in
between them and look imposing and put an end to any monkey business.  But not
last night.  Last night he went charging right into the fray and the next thing
I knew I had 2 bassets and a Lab doing the basset 500 around the yard.  HEY!!
STOP THAT!!!  No sale.  And then, he tumbled LuLu.  They both got up and took
out after Snoopy and it was game on .... and there wasn't anything we could do
to stop them ... so ... we let them play.

No bassets wound up injured in the chaos which resulted in my yard last night.
No labradors either.  Eventually I wound up taking Bev's advice and having a
glass of wine and everything seemed much better after that.

Don't tell Dr Heddin, ok?

Thanks from the clueless momPerson with Snoopy (it was fun) and LuLu (I DO have
a naughty side) and Cyrus too (who is still very playful at 8 1/2)