[Dailydrool] DD Cal - June 26 Otis

Michele H. micheyellow at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 06:29:17 PDT 2012

DD Calendar June 26, Otis
I'm a few Drools behind and even missed turning my DD Cal by a day!  June 26 was the day for our Otis, ATB.  He was the first/only dog my hubby Steve & I had together (not counting the fosters).  We adopted him from the Spartanburg H.S. June 17, 2000, and he was our introduction to "rescue" and from there we found CBHR and many wonderful Carolina friends.  He transitioned well to Missouri life (Kansas City) when we moved in 2003 and was our furkid.  Time flies too fast and they age and get grey and slow down more (even slower than usual basset-speed, haha!).  He died in his sleep on the exact same day, 11 yrs later, June 17th, 2011. He was "about a year" old when we adopted him and was given-up because he was "too distracted" -- DUH he's a basset!! lol!  He is missed, every day.  We haven't adopted again since we're in the process of moving.  We did foster a sweet girl Ginger (I posted a little about her last fall when she was having HW
 treatment).   BTW Ginger is happy & healthy & STRONG and a "runner" in a good sense, she participated with her mom in the Dog & Jog earlier this month in KC. :-)
  I enjoy reading about other Calendar day-stories, so please continue to share as we turn the pages (sometimes a few days late!).
Sincerely,
Michele Harris