[Dailydrool] Hector to the Bridge

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:32:27 PDT 2012

I'm at my parents this week, housesitting.  Noel just called me. He
came home from work and found Hector, my 12-year-old basset and my
favorite, dead in the yard. Stretched out peacefully as if he were
asleep. So probably a heart attack or stroke. He was fine this
morning. I feel bad for Noel, coming home to that.

I can't really process it yet; of course I'm here at my parents for
another week. Which is fine; Hector's spirit isn't with his remains,
it's wherever good dogs go when they die. Hector was my foster
failure, I adopted him at BHRG's Bash in 2002,after I panicked when
another couple there expressed interest in adopting him. He was King
of BHRG's Bash in 2005, and King of OMBR's Picnic in 2008.  He was a
rescue, but we think he was about 12 years old.

 Rest in peace, my sweet boy. No more back problems, no more weak
legs, no more pain, no more other dogs bugging you just by existing. I
will miss you forever.

www.imageevent.com/menzie/hector

--
Menzie Campbell