[Dailydrool] China bowls

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Mon Mar 5 21:35:36 PST 2012

We've all been eating off bowls made in China for hundreds of years, and
tho they've gotten sloppy with treats, among other things, don't think a
bowl is a danger.

As to whether "slow-down" bowls work or not -- they do a little.
Hopefully, enough. I bought a stainless steel bowl with dome in middle
to slow down a dog who inhales her food and she was rather annoyed at
first. Now she just goes around the dome like a race car around a track,
but I like to think it has slowed her down *somewhat.* There are bowls
with THREE obstructions that should slow them down even more -- although
as someone in the past suggested, a largish pan with three LARGE, smooth
river stones would be even more effective and also much, much cheaper.

Riche