[Dailydrool] Lots of fun "waddling" last Saturday

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:46:01 PDT 2012

Well, it was a "basset-ful" afternoon on Saturday when many folks gathered
with their bassets to walk in the Snake Saturday Parade in Brookside
(Kansas City, MO). Quincy was decked out in a green t-shirt & scarf and was
Mr. Social, politely sniffing everyone he encountered. There were some
really beautiful bassets of all ages gathered and it was a lot of fun
getting together. We always seem to be toward the end of the parade but the
crowd always cheers when the bassets are walking, and why not...they're the
best! And Quincy and mama got to see our former foster, Mugsy, and his new
brothers. Mugsy was really happy to see us and he just looks wonderful and
so happy. I wish I could have gone to the get-together/cookout afterwards
but I had to be at my theatre production early so had to miss, but I'm sure
they all had a great time. Quincy was one pooped little pup by the time we
got back to the truck. He laid his head on my leg and snoozed all the way
home. I pulled into Burger King and asked him if he'd like a cheeseburger
and he came awake very quickly. He also had the nerve to stick his snoot in
mama's shake! It was a fun afternoon and I hope we can have more
get-togethers soon.

Question for the Droolers: my little foster sisters are needing to lose
some weight (especially Annie who resembles a tootsie roll). I've cut back
on their kibble, add a smidge of cooked chicken and fill the rest of the
bowl with green beans. What else have any droolers done to help with weight
loss, and the big question, what kind of ratio is good use? Like how much
kibble, how much green beans, etc.???

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."