[Dailydrool] ----I just went "Marlene"

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 16:03:25 PDT 2012

Momma here and I am mad enough to spit nails----
I have had workers here today doing some fence replacement. They got done just as a nasty storm was getting ready to roll in. Sister Daisy was going nuts from the thunder, and the workers were packing up. I went out to the drive to thank them and pay them. I looked up and running accross the street in front of a truck was my neighbors dog--5 pounds of fur, 13 years old--I am out here running, stop another truck, praying she would not bolt-I grab this little one and head to her home next door. Crap--no answer--I go to side door--and meet up with the neighbors on that side--1 house from me--and here they are Mom Dad and 5 yr old little girl in the back yard--Oh--Mom said you got the dog?? Yes I said, you know it lives here---she laughs and said oh our daughter was chasing it and she chased it accross the street. Why it almost got hit----
We will call this Bazinga. I think my eyes rolled about 4 times---
I said what?? You mean to tell me that you know this is Scotts dog right here next door to you and it is loose--you let your kid chase it into the street and you walked away??
I was now walking toward her with the furball in my hands---and all of a sudden you seen the look of terror come on this womans face--rightly so--I hit overdrive about 3 minutes into this one--
I said what in the world is wrong with you to let your kid chase this dog into the street--why and explain in detail lady why you could not be bothered to pick up the dog and put it in the yard--knock on the door, act like a neighbor should----and you mean to tell me you allowed your kid to chase this dog to the street and you had the stones to walk away and now stand here and chuckle--she now moved BEHIND her husband---head peeking around him---you can easily see he is now not pleased--he told her to go in the house--take the kid---now its just me and him. I was soooooo ready---bring it on idiot----and of course here come the famous words--why I didnt know it lived there---I launched into him, how can you possibly live next door and uhh--not notice-----the Big DOg above stepped in about this time and the storm cut loose--I told him he was worthless and took furball and left him in the rain.
They have lived here less than a year, and when I walk Brudder Jake, I have to cross the street as Jake hates this kid. Jake is one smart hound!
I do understand some people are just not "dog people"---but do they have to be stupid along with it????

Rant ending. I am going to have a beer. Dog is home, but I sure did inform Scott how "helpful" these folks are---and he better be checking that gate---

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
 Sister Bessie, The Younger