[Dailydrool] Adventures in dog sitting

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 18:51:53 PDT 2012

I had to laugh in reading Kacy's beagle story. It happens that because of a beagle we ended up with a hound.

Our good friends from the bay area were given a beagle about 6 years ago. He was the only dog that the DH did not have an asthma attack to when indoors for a long period of time, but he was go, go, go every second of every minute of every day. So much energy that even though we wanted a second dog we just could not think we could handle a beagle. So we ended up with something far better...a basset of course! We figured hound, similar type of coat, less energy, why not?

Now 6 years later when we ask, How's Yoshi? Has he settled down? They always reply, Nope and we are never getting a beagle again!
He runs, he lunges, he bounces off walls, there is just no stopping him and he's neutered. LOL. Now don't get me wrong, he is a good dog and loves his people and his people love him but each time we go up to visit, the DH and I think that the beagle makes Speedy look angelic about 90% of the time. It's a good thing we live down south or we might have been dog sitting too.

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo