[Dailydrool] prednisone and

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 13:52:23 PDT 2012

 Paula,
    I had a German shepherd/cocker spaniel/ basset mix boy (imagine a German Shepherd with basset legs--shepherd head, hair, and body but basset legs) who lived to be 15 years old.  Mom was a cocker/basset mix and just lovely. Her name was Rusty and she had gorgeous copper, silky cocker hair and a cocker head but basset legs and feet.  You never met a sweeter, more wonderful dog!  Dad was a neighbor's German Shepherd that wandered the neighborhood and hopped my grandparents fence. Any who, Grizzly, my boy, had multiple health problems his whole life-disc disease, allergies both contact and food, dry eyes, arthritis....  Anyway, he was on prednisone allot and one time out of the blue he bit me while I was petting him.  It really shocked me.  I called my vet and he told me he thought it was a pred reaction and switched him to dexamethasone.  He never reacted like that again and we never used pred again.  We always used dex and he was
 fine.  Can they switch your boy to dex instead?
Marie Campbell
Man Plans ~ God Laughs