[Dailydrool] never underestimate the power of short legs

Paula Smith psmithrn68 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:19:12 PDT 2012

 It is truly amazing what short basset legs can do. Today while I was
sleeping (I work nights) Cooper jumped the gate from the living room to the
kitchen and ate most of a pizza the two legged child had left out on the
high counter in the kitchen. It really was hard to not snicker at the two
legger when he was telling me about it.  I was hoping Coop (he is around 3
years old) had mellowed but guess not. How do I nominate him for an OEBE?
This is just the latest in a long line of conquests. He has counter cruised
for years, scoring anything from kitchen implements, tupperware, cups, eye
glasses, cell phones and all kinds of food. Gets in the garbage any chance
he gets and immediately runs at the speed of light through the doggy door
with his treasures. I'm thinking he could be Snoopys' assistant curator of
missing objects.

Toby is doing a little better with the aggression. Vet suggested halving
his prednisone every day and doing labs a week after to see where his
levels are.

Lurps and drool to all in need

Paula with Toby, Cooper and the c at ats George, Zebra and Smokey