[Dailydrool] Adventures with Nigel (WARNING: Graphic!!)

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 20:32:04 PDT 2012

Tonight I was getting ready to catheterize Nigel before bed. As I got the
skin away from the tip of his weenie (a medical term) I noticed a round,
light tan.....object....very small, on the bright pink ...uh....weenie. So
very delicately I removed it. And saw two more. Uhnnn......this can't be
good.
I thought about it and thought maybe he has stones, bladder stones, and
these have gotten trapped somehow under the skin rather than being extruded
or whatever. Since he drags his weenie around....I mean it made sense to me
at the moment. And so I had John bring me a clean jarwith some alcohol in
it (rubbing, not drinking) and I put my three very very very tiny little
round *objects* in it and put it where I would find it in the morning to
take it to Doc.
Then I tucked everyone in and went about dismantling the Nigel-covers on my
bed (tarps covered with blankets and sheepskin) and in the process, out
bounced another little roundy tan thing!
This made me a bit suspicious.
I took the little tan round thing to my husband, who, when I had tried
earlier to get him to look at the little round tan things off of Nigel's
weenie had moaned like a little kid and run away waving his hands and kind
of gakking.
This one I took to his bedroom and said what does this look like to you?
(Because I had no idea, frankly.)
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. He says. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Looks
like.............the stuffing to my lappad....
???
Raising my eyebrows slightly I inquired as to whether the lapboardpadthing
had been out there, in my room, on the bed. Yes, it had. When he was
watching Nigel the other day.
I came back out armed with a flashlight and sure enough, there were little
tan roundy things stuck in the treads of the stairs that Nigel "uses" (with
a lot of towel help) to get onto the bed and sure enough, his weenie often
ends up out of it's nice warm furry coat and looking around, because the
towel pulls this skin back. And it is nice and ... moist. And it picked up
the little plastic beads. Poor Nigel!!! The boy with beads on his weenie!!!!
(You would think such a discerning dog would have chosen at least something
a bit more colorful)

This did, however, have the effect of giving me a minor heart attack. I
have mostly recovered even without wine. I threw out the samples I had to
take to show Doc.
I never would have lived it down.
And thank heavens Nigel is all cleaned off now. Poor baby.

MomPerson to Nigel, the boy with the beaded weenie, Llewis (who for once
doesn't want to join in) Conley (who is jealous) and Cooper, who slept
through it.