[Dailydrool] Nina and new basset baby coming

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:53:57 PDT 2012

First of all Nina, congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your new
buppy!!!!  First time dog AND basset owners!!!! Wow, you're in for a roller
coaster ride (well, you are with any puppy).  I got my Quincy when he was
10 weeks old and hadn't had a puppy in years but I can tell you that crate
training IS a beautiful thing (wish I had been able to do it). It becomes
not only their "safe place" but they also do not want to potty where they
sleep. And they will kick up a fuss at first until they get used to it.
It's really easy to let those big sad eyes fool you so first of all, you
have to be strong, and consistent, in your training. I'm emailing you some
thing offline too.

You will find the Drool and Droolers here a vast fountain of information.
You will share laughter, joy, and tears, and tons of great
training/food/housebreaking/etc. tips. If you're anything like us, you will
soon find that Basset Hounds will become the light of your life and you'll
wonder how you've ever done without them. They are loving, funny, and
delightful companions. Best of luck and please keep us informed. There's
also a Facebook page for the Daily Drool where you can get info and post
pictures too. (We all LOVE buppies).

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."