[Dailydrool] re Barking at THINGS

alan at folsoms.net alan at folsoms.net
Wed Mar 28 04:48:28 PDT 2012

Ginger & Chumley's beagle brother, Alfie, is probably the noisiest,
loudest, (and dumbest) dog I've known.  Several years ago my twin sons had
a Darth Veder mask in their room (something ceramic, I can't remember what
exactly, but about full size).  It had been there literally for years.
One day we hear Alfie howling and carrying on at the top of his lungs.
You guessed it, he had just discovered the mask.  He has also been known
to very loudly obsess over a flickering light, not to mention whatever
wonderful scent he discovers at his 5:30am trip outside.  At age 11 his
eyesight is still good enough to see, through the window, other dogs being
walked three yards away.  The bassets are absolute angels by comparison,
though they do follow his lead.

Ginger - sniff... Alfie is SO embarrassing....
Chumley - Yup!  Whadaya see Uncle Alfie!!! Whadaya see!! tellme! tellme!...

Al, with Ginger, Chumley, and Alfie the (dumbass) Wonder Beagle.