[Dailydrool] update on jesse in icu and auction doggies

Helena poist helenapoist at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 09:37:07 PDT 2012

We are still on the roller coaster ride. jesse, my daughter's long term boyfriend, at 28 got the flu and in a couple of days was at death's door with ARDS (lung failure)
his tube for the dialysis got clogged so they had to surgically put a tube in (he tolerated the move well - first time they moved him, he died with cardiac arrest and was brought back
to life).... one lung collasped, now the second lung so tubes in there. They thought there were no lights on... brain damage.. but last night, they think he wsa trying to respond to commands.
Three weeks in the ICU.. and still waiting to turn the corner. send drool and prayers..
it seems we get good news and the next day, BAD BAD news..

on the auction dogs, we saved 12 of the 20.. 8 of the babies at 7 months will spend their life at a breeding facility. the prices were too high.. the babies were also very unsocial. the adults seemed better.
The Amish breeder/miller (he had over 500 dogs) said he had too many dogs and didnt spend any time with them. You could tell., but they are safe now. being altered and going into rescues.
So thanks  everyone for the support... the work isnt done yet,